Although we’ve yet to decide on our Christmas Eve Family outing, we have made a firm decision to avoid all shopping areas of town. I tried to finish my shopping long ago, but even if I hadn’t, I would improvise. Anything to avoid the madness and maintain some holiday peace. One gift I received earlier this year was a media opportunity to try Winecrasher, an online wine store modeled after Hotwire in which you are given certain piece of information and the labels are revealed after purchase.
From the press release:
“Each of the wine clubs is guaranteed the following:
- The best price in the US market for each bottle
- Each bottle sold has been critically rated by either Wine Advocate, Wine Spectator, Antonio
- Galloni’s Vinous or Burghound.
- Free California shipping and only $9.99 shipping nationwide (excluding UT, MA, PA, AK and HI)
- Super easy cancellation – just send an email“We wanted to create a club where people can try new wines, without preconceived notions, while learning about new regions. With the guarantee that they’re getting the best value,” said Winecrasher’s Co-Founder and Wine Director, Nancy O’Connell. Nancy, who will manage and select the club’s wine portfolio, also mentioned that “While we choose the wines based on our own impressions, sourcing only critically rated wine allows the added assurance that the customers receive a product of verifiable quality.”Winecrasher’s wine club can be accessed in the following link: http://www.winecrasher.com/Wine- Club_c_61.html
- For media inquiries please contact: email@example.com and/or firstname.lastname@example.org
- “This wine club concept ties in to the whole philosophy of Winecrasher,” said Winecrasher’s Founder, Niv Nissenson. “We feel that people are tired of wine clubs that market obscure wines or put high markups on the bottles sold. We think that wine consumers are equally dissatisfied with clubs that make it very easy to join but difficult to unsubscribe. At Winecrasher we aspire to create a wine club where the best price is guaranteed, every wine is rated and it’s very easy to cancel”
- In addition, Winecrasher will offer a premium experience through its personally tailored wine club for anyone who wants to customize their selection.”
I chose the following:
2013 Santa Rita Hills Pinot Noir($34.99)
2014 Loire Touraine Rose ($10.99)
NV Champagne Rose Brut ($42.99)
Upon ordering, the wines were revealed to be:
||2013 Santa Rita Hills Pinot Noir||
$34.99 x 1
|2014 Loire Touraine Rose||
$10.99 x 1
|NV Champagne Rose Brut||
$42.99 x 1
Although, the labels were unfamiliar, the profiles were. Each wine was as I would expect and the Champagne and Pinot were both wines I would buy again. The Champagne was alive with notes of strawberry and biscuits. It paired perfectly last night with thumbprint cookies with strawberry jam. a true Christmas treat.
While I ordered in May, I appreciated Winecrashers offer to hold the wines until the weather would be more cooperative for shipping in October. The shipment was well-packaged and timely once shipped. Notifications were prompt. Each interaction was pleasant and professional.
Still looking for a gift for someone special? How about gifting a wine club? You can check off the list while lounging in your robe with a glass of bubbles. And while the gift is revealed with a certificate on Christmas morning, the surprises continue as long as the shipments do.
Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas. May your hearts as full as your glasses! Cheers!
The opportunity to try this service was provided because of my website and affiliation with wine media. thoughts and opinions are my own.